Want to grab lunch?
warning: please excuse the ridiculousness of this next post
pow · er lunch
noun a high-powered business meeting conducted over lunch
Power lunches are all the talk nowadays. However, there is much confusion as to what actually defines a power lunch. I’m here to crush all the uncertainty as to what exactly a power lunch is. I’d like to thank my colleagues Andrew Bagherpour and Karl Manner for cosponsoring my definition.
Here is the official guide to what constitutes a power lunch:
- Attendees must be productive before and after lunch
- Restaurant cannot take longer than 15 minutes from ordering to food on the table
- Clean and simple food only (sammys, salads, soups, burgers, burritos, wraps)
- Conversation must be semi-productive
- 1-1 exclusivety (rare exceptions are granted for three-ways)
- Restaurants must have table ordering and attendees must be seated by waitress
- Collared shirts required
- Extra points rewarded for outside seating and strong sun presence